This year’s John Connell Awards are kindly hosted by Charlie Elphicke MP for Dover and Deal and will be held on Tuesday 31st October at the Palace of Westminster. Recognising innovative services, campaigns, products and programmes that are shining examples of community co-operation, education and creative solutions to solving noise pollution problems.
Open to local authorities, industry and organisations throughout the UK.
- Projects which have been carried out during the past 24 months are eligible.
- Planning may have commenced prior to this period, and the positive results may be ongoing.
Your submission should describe:
- The nature of the noise problem requiring attention
- The approach taken to understanding the problem
- A description of the solution or initiative
- The time span of the project
- Evidence of the impact of the consequent results
Maximum length of submissions is 600 words, excluding any relevant supporting documentation.
Submissions will be judged on:
- Creative solutions
- Community benefits
- Noise education
- Multi-agency/ stakeholder approach
Please submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, department, local authority or company name, address and telephone number, by Friday 22nd September 2017.
There is no entry fee and confirmation of submission receipt will be sent by return. The Awards Team may contact you to request further information to support your submission.
The Shortlist will be announced on September 29th 2017. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to the John Connell Awards when the winner and highly commended runners up will be named and receive their trophies.
NAS will run a media campaign on the John Connell Awards to include details of shortlisted and winning entries. If there are any parts of your submission that you wish to remain confidential, please inform us at the time of submission.
For further information, email email@example.com or telephone 01273 823850.